
I made this pie on Sunday. It took me almost all morning. The crust was a paté briseé, since we don't have crisco, and boy was I missing ready-made crusts by the time I was done. I don't have a food processor so it took quite a while to cut in the butter. But it was a wonderfully delicious crust, the best I have ever had. I made an apple-rhubarb filling, with some caramel sauce that you pour over that had rave reviews on the internet. It did turn out too liquidy though, as I suspected. But it tasted good anyway. It was hard with a deep dish pie with lattice crust on top to get it to stay together as a slice, so we ended up with piles of pie rather than slices. But it was beautiful prior to cutting it! Josefin and Isabelle came over to share it with us. Haylie was unfortunately in a mood and ended up with a few time outs and getting grounded from various things by the time the day was done.
2 comments:
What a beautiful pie, your dad is going to ask for an encore sometime when we visit you.
As for comments about my darling granddaughter and her "mood", remember my Christmas letters? She'll be reading soon, and want to also have editing priveleges for these blog postings. She's a perfect Haylie. I wouldn't have her any other way.
But she does probably benefit from a time out. Nobody should get their own way ALL the time. Although she's perfect otherwise.
Post a Comment