Sunday, August 8, 2010

Haylie and her little friend

Tonight, as Stefan and I were gathering rocks for fill under sidewalks in one of our big dirt piles, we uncovered yet another toad. Haylie got her hands on it and played with it for at least an hour until I was able to convince her to let it go free. She made a sleeping bag for it out of hosta leaves and had it in a bucket with moist dirt, but mostly was playing with it.

And of course, all animals that are caught must be kissed. Including sow beetles.

Here is how far we have come in the front. And when I say we, I mean Stefan. I am the one with the vision, and he implements it.

Mostly done paving the patio in the front. The step will also be clad with limestone. We need more stone for the back, so we will have to keep an eye out for some pieces for the little spots that need to be filled out here as we work on that. Later, we will fill the cracks between with cement.

No comments: