Today, after school, we went to the library to trade in our old books for some new ones. Haylie's English teacher had made her some chocolate chip cookies, inspired by reading "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar" last week, an old favorite that Grandma gave her. Haylie is loving English now, since she has a fun an experienced teacher and likes feeling a little extra special and showing off for her friends. Her teacher comes once a week, on Mondays. They read books, play games, draw and write captions for the drawings. It will be fun to see how much she advances while we are on vacation at Grandma's this summer. She is planning on teaching the neighbor girls some Swedish. I am working on my English too, trying to remember to speak it to Alice. It has an added benefit that as I speak to Alice, Haylie listens and therefore doesn't get crabby about me speaking English since it isn't directed toward her.

The bulbs I planted this past fall are starting to come up. The Siberian Irises and Snowdrops are blooming, and the Crocuses are on their way. The Narcissus, Tulips, and Daffodils while take a while longer, but hopefully something will be blooming for the baptism.

Haylie lost a tooth this morning while she was brushing her teeth. She worked on it for two days and all that wiggling paid off.

This poor worm was found yesterday and spent the night in a glass jar with some damp dirt and a ladybug. She let it go today.
A Snowdrop in my flower bed.

Little Miss Sunshine helped me make cookies. She got mad whenever I wasn't paying attention to her, but as soon as I bent down to talk to her, she was all smiles.

Here are the cookies. I used the Toll-house recipe but switched out white chocolate for chocolate chips, and dried cranberries for the nuts. They were really good. I am freezing them for the baptism, but I wrecked two, so I had to eat them.
No comments:
Post a Comment