Saturday, December 5, 2009

Haylie's birthday party #1

Today was Haylie's birthday party with her friends. We rented the kids' pool in Hemse and had a little brunch buffé and cake. I ordered the cake from a co-worker. http://www.tartkalas.blogspot.com/
Stefan's mom and step-dad helped me cut up fruit and veggies yesterday, and we had stuff for open-faced sandwiches and cheese and crackers and juice. Everything but the cake was healthy stuff, since it was a morning party. There were 10 kids and 11 parents.
Unfortunately, I forgot the camera, so had to take these with my cell phone. I think I had some fingerprints on the lens so they ended up a little blurry.

The cake had 2 fillings, lemon curd and vanilla cream. It is covered with sugar paste, and she made the shells and stuff with sugar paste.

Hilda spent most of the time dragging at least two girls behind her at a time. She got quite the workout.

Haylie came back for her second piece of cake.

I think everyone was tired after all that swimming, but this partygoer crashed before the party was over. She kept trying to sit up and steal food off her mom's plate while she was falling asleep, but finally drifted off.

4 comments:

Arielle said...

It looks like everyone had alot of fun! Cute cake! Andrea- you really should get a Facebook account!

Taryn said...

From Grandpa: You did a really good job putting together the party! It looks like a lot of fun!

From Grandma: Great photos! I love when we can be there online!

Taryn said...

Will there be a birthday party # 2 posting?

Andrea said...

One might think that to be a logical conclusion, but no. I didn't take any pictures during party #2.